New Years Eve

Giza Travel Blog

After leaving Dahshur, we drove back to Cairo and parked near the Mina Palace hotel.  We hailed a cab to drive us to the stables.  Calling the stable on Sean's cell phone we handed the phone off to the cab driver so he could receive directions in Arabic.  Having less than 12 hours before our flight ,we could no longer afford time wasted being lost.   Even our cabbie seemed perplexed as to where we were headed, but the stable owner's son met us on horseback at the intersection between their road and the main one.  Despite being told that a boy would be waiting on horseback for him, our cabbie missed him and had to circle around.

Not having been privy to the gist of the arabic back and forth, we were surprised to hear the horse-mounted boy's cellphone go off when Sean tried to call him back.  I wish I could tell you the Arabian Horseman's ringtone was "Sexy Back" or "Gold Digger" but I honestly wasn't paying attention.  Once we got there, everyone used the 'potty' which had no lights and less toilet paper.  Jess was once again grateful that we packed our own in Sean's backpack.

photo by: Wildswan22