Exploring the coast

Cape Elizabeth Travel Blog

Portland Headlight

I have been thinkning about my plans for the summer here in maine. Honestly i have lived here my whole life and not experianced much. I mean i have done alot of camping and so on but i decided this summer i was going to do a bit of sightseeing. Light houses are really interesting and beautiful to me, and most people. I have recently graduated southern maine community college. the college is built on and old fort, and sits right on the ocean. going to do homework on the beach in between classes was a favorite of mine. on willard beach you can see Portland Headlight, one of maines notable lighthouses. I had never been but always wanted to go.So I picked up my friend kristen and we embarked on our journey. Today was a little cold but i think perfect weather for exploring The areas surrounding the house and fort williams as well. Fort williams was beautiful (dispite the grafitii havocked walls). and it was interesting to see the Goddard mansion which was built in 1858 on the same property. Not much of it is left now, which is a shame. it is still equally beautiful in its own right.

Im trying to think of other places to visit, hopefully i will beat the tourists ! And hopefully i will be able to share more experiances.

Shipwrecked