Do you know the way to San Jose

San Jose Travel Blog

We left La Fortuna in the morning and headed out to San Jose, our final stop and final night were closing in.
The journey took approximately 3.5 hours and we arrived in San Jose around lunch time, checking into our hotel.
Julie and I set out across the city to find the Coca Cola bus terminal and buy our tickets for our respective bus journeys the next day; me to Manual Antonio and Julie to San Juan. We located the general area easily enough, but couldn't find the right bus stops and ticket offices, finally after asking around we located the office for Julie's bus, only to find out she could only buy the ticket in the morning. Doh!
Making our way back to the complex that is the Coca Cola bus station, and again asking for more directions we found the ticket office for my bus in the market; here I was able to buy a ticket and booked myself onto the 10.00 direct bus to Quepos.
We then wondered around the streets of San Jose downtown and found a Vegetarian cafe, which was mentioned in Lonely Planet, had a reasonable lunch even if i do say so myself and then continued exploring. We decided to head up to where the hostel (Costa Rica Backpackers) I was going to be staying in was situated, to have a look and scope it out, we found it easily, but saw the security and thought it wasn't worth trying to get in. So we headed back to the hotel, which I went back to, to investigate options for the rest of my time in Costa Rica. I booked my one day rafting trip down the Pacuare and got lots of ideas about other possible trips. Having satisfied myself I went back to my room and spent an hour or so watching TV; showering and changing I went back downstairs and we all met for dinner.
CATASTROPHE! The restaurant Martin hadn't shut up about for a whole week wasn't open and he couldn't have his famous Honey Mushroom Chicken. Instead we went to an Asian place which prooved very popular with all of us; Hong Kong Sweet & Sour Pork mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Heading back to the hotel, those who had to be up early to make their way home or continue their travels went to bed, saying their final fairwells to us all. I stayed up and had a few drinks, but gave up at about midnight feeling tired and preparing myself for travelling alone again for the first time in many weeks.
Adios Amigos! It's been awsome!
San Jose