Roatan - Our Final Day

Roatan Travel Blog

Our final day on Roatan, and the last time I'd see the Caribbean.

I decided I wanted to go Sea Kayaking, and so having consulted with the reception at our resort, I set off along the sea front to West Bay Beach, after walking for approximately 40 minutes along the sand and waters edge I made it to the beach, and found a clear bottomed Kayak which I could rent. Off I went paddling out into the sea, I'd been given strict instruction by the owner of the Kayaks how far I could go, which was a little disappointing as it was very limiting. I paddled around between my boundaries, looking through the Kayak to see if I could see any marine life, but sadly it'd all disappeared today. So I paddled and relaxed bobbing about in the sea for a little bit longer, before returning to the beach.
I then caught a water taxi back to West End, and having had lunch walked the short distance back to our resort. I grabbed my book, ipod and towel and went to sit by the pool for the afternoon, where I found many of the rest of the group doing the same. And so past a lazy relaxing afternoon, reading, swimming, listening to music and the sea waves crashing at the rocks just down from the pool. After watching the sun disappear into the sea (sun set) I went back to the room and readied myself for dinner.
Feeling better today I was able to eat a good meal, and as per our previous episode we went back to the hotel via the supermarket to buy more supplies. Having consumed a fair amount we felt it was high time to hit the town and see what was going on. To be honest I think we were all a bit disappointed. Having trooped round a few bars and a few beers later we retired back to the hotel where we sat up chatting and drinking some more before finally hitting the sack.
Roatan