Granada Travel Blog

Next stop Granada.
Again Martin treated us to a Private van for our short journey to Granada, on the banks of Lake Nicaragua. We arrived after a few hours of driving and checked into our hotel, in fact we arrived too early and our rooms weren't ready for us yet. So Martin led us off into town, to the tour operators office, that GAP recommend, for us to understand what activities we could undertake the next day. I decided that a nice kayak tour of Islands (Monkey Island especially) and old Spanish Fortress on Lake Nicaragua would be the trip for me, a couple of the rest of the group agreed with me, so we all signed up. We then returned to our hotel, which was ready for us now and we checked in.
I then went and explored Granada; I walked down the main street to Lake Nicaragua, had a look at the lake, and then walked back up the road and to the Central square. Taking in all the colourful buildings and amazing architecture along the way. Having seen most of what I wanted to, and taking a fair few photos I returned to the hotel, met the group and again we headed out for dinner, and again off to a bar for a few drinks.
photo by: monoli