Final Day

San Jose Travel Blog

My final day in Costa Rica! I got up late, enjoying a lye in and having no reason to get up early.

Finally I got up, and had breakfast in the hostel restaurant. I then idled out to the garden, dropped into a hammock and sunbathed/ read my book. Deciding I couldn't be lazy all day, I got myself together and walked off into town to have some lunch and a little bit more of an explore.

A few hours later, i found myself back in the hostel; I'd checked my emails and arranged to meet some of the group later that evening for dinner and drinks after. The afternoon just consisted of maximising the time I could spend in the sun; I knew once I was home I wouldn't see the sun and feel its warmth again for a long time.

Evening came, and I got a taxi to where I was meeting my friends. It was great to see them again, and we all chatted happily about what we'd got up to that week, who we'd met and where we'd been when the earthquake had struck.

We went to the restaurant Martin had raved about so much previously, but we'd been unable to go to a week before (on our final night together). It was pretty good, but I think I made a mistake having pizza... the chicken looked so much better.

Dinner finished we all headed back to my hostel and sat outside supping some more rum, by 23.00 we decided it was time to head out into the night; Anna & Eliza were tired and so we said our goodbyes (final ones for me). So with just Martin, Hariette, Agnethe and I left we got a taxi to the gated community (I can't remember the name of the place). Inside we bar hopped, drank and danced. About 02.00 I felt thoroughly shattered, said my goodbyes and left; very happy (a little intoxicated maybe) and reflecting on a great month in an amazing part of the World.

San Jose