Mall of Asia and impressions

Manila Travel Blog

People here are talking about Mall of Asia all the time. Filipinos are crazy for shopping malls! Everytime we are going ashore when we are on the ship im always going sighseeing ,but the filipinos they are going to the local shopping mall! Guess things are different.. They say this Mall is the biggest in Asia and i dont think they are joking. You can walk for almost 500meter in one direction and still be inside the same mall! Though.. its not all great.. When you are walking around in the stores people often call you sir and are saying "good afternoon sir" and always bothering you.. I like to just wonder around without having people comming up to me.

Caloocan.. Going from Baclaran (where im living) to Calocan by car can be a very interesting experience. You will pass trough some of the most poor areas of the city. I where walking around there for a short time and almost all the people where looking at me when i passed them , probably thinking "what is this western idiot doing in this part of the city?".. All the kids begged for monny and it was not a good experience at all!

xwinkwinko says:
i went to that mall yesterday! I was walking around for hours and I only went through about half of it.
Posted on: Sep 22, 2007