Great sights, transportation problems and local problems

Greenwich Travel Blog

You can spend several days here if you want to see everything in this part of southwest london. I arrived pretty early at 12AM and only had 5hours untill everything closed. Thinking about comming back some other time , but im not sure since my stay here in london is comming to an end. But since the admission is free is nothing wrong with just taking the DLR out the greenwich again.

Going here is a Must see if you are in london. If you only have 2days in London walking from Westminister to Towerhill and visiting greenwich is not a bad choice among all the things London has to offer.

Its also not so easy to get around in London during weekends as they often are doing alot of maintenance on the Underground. It where almost total chaos since parts of the network where "offline during maintenance".. But using 5-10times as long as normal it certainly wasnt the fastest way to travel. The underground tickets ARE valid on Buses when this happen so just take the bus instead. Its probably faster.

Back at the Hostel (Globetrotter inns) there are some dutch people always trying to start problems with everybody. Yesterday me and edvar, a guy i met i the hallway and after talking english he asked me straight out "Are you Norwegian".. And after that we have spent a day togheter just drinking and seeing the sights.. But over to these dutch people again, they want to get in a fight with me and edvar and everytime we are walking some place these people are blocking the doors and starting to threatn us. They even followed me to the toilet and would let me leave.. Probably to threaten me or something. Luckily there where someone else who had to go to the toilet so i just escaped.. These guys are f...... shitheads and are just making trouble for everyone. Its sad that such a great hostel is bothered by someone like this.

Greenwich Sights & Attractions review
National Maritime Museum. The Gem of Greenwich. England has long traditions of being a seafaring nation and its all documented in The national Maritim… read entire review
Greenwich