Back in Manila again.

Manila Travel Blog

Decided it would be best to stay here in Manila for the time being since my stay here is comming to and end and i can get the phonecall ive been waiting for.. Its almost time to go back to work again (Durban, South Africa).. But a little update from the last days in Boracay..

I was talking to this retired journalist in Boracay for a couple of hours and he said that i had a really good english vocabulary and i spoke perfect english.. What the hell? Guess i havent seen the things ive been writing here.. But its nice to get comments like that from people who are working with the english language everyday.. Perhaps there is some reason why ive got top grades at "english skill" at my last evaluation on the ship.. Well.. this is the case when i dont stutter so much.. But anyway its good to get comments like that..

I took the RORO Van from Caticlan to Manila and it was a cheap experience and they dropped me of right in front of my hotel ,but it was sooo slow! Leaving Caticlan 2PM and arriving in Manila 4AM the next day.. SItting in a cramped Van for so long time is not what i had in mind when i asked the lady in the counter: "Im a big guy , are you sure there will be good space for me and my long legs?" Anyway.. im here in Manila for P950 which isnt all that bad.. The direct boat is P1300 but its taking longer and its not dropping me off at the Hotel. The airplane is as low as P2000 but normally higher.

But back in Manila i went to the Chinese Cemetary and its a...weird experience. The dead are resting in a very nice small Town that is way more nicer than the homes for the living! Also went on a strol down Rizal Park and stopped and talk to most of the guys on the way.

Now i remember why i love the philippines.. The people are just soo nice

photo by: Deats