Almost time to leave Manila (again)

Manila Travel Blog

Manila. Some Locals i met on the way to the Chinese Cemetery. The nicest people in the world.
Ive got my plane tickets yesterday. Im leaving 2.April (as ive been suspecting for several weeks) for Durban , South Africa where i have to earn some more money so i can continue to travel.

Im not sure if i Love or hate Manila. The city is so big , poluted , big traffic jams and so much noise. On the other side when i walked to the Chinese Cemetary yesterday i stopped and talked to this guys living nearby for over 1hour.. Even though they have so little (kaloocan is not a rich part of Manila) they where willing to offer me lunch! And if you considder that im going around with a camera with a pricetag of 58.000 Peso they still offered me lunch! (The people working at the Townhouse get P4000 every month and a electrian on a ferry has P8000 so get things into perspective).. So you just cant help to love the people here!

Today its time to see more of Makati, which is the more wealthy people in Manila is living. My impressions is that Malate (and perhaps Ermita) and Makati is the more wealthy  (and safe)  areas of the city , but this is only my impression.
TravellinChic says:
I'm happy you liked the people in the Philippines..the people are generally warm and hospitality is part of the culture.. :)

Hopefully, you'll visit again next time and will have more good memories and less or no bad experience :)
Posted on: Sep 28, 2009
Isabetlog says:
Hi Christian, I was browsing the forums and and chanced upon and entry of yours which led me here. Very interesting! I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your camera though, really. I posted a beginner's guide to Manila/Philippines which may not be as helpful on your upcoming trip, but glad to hear you plan to still come back! Do visit Donsol and Palawan this time (check out my blog but you might want to plane it). Feel free to let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
Posted on: Apr 21, 2007
Manila. Some Locals i met on the w…
Manila. Some Locals i met on the …
Manila Sights & Attractions review
If you are going to check your Email and update your blogs this is NOT the place to do it. All the people are playing either CS or WC3 and screaming a… read entire review
Manila