Petronas Twin Towers

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

Twin Towers

The Petronas Twin Towers are located in the Kuala Lumpur City Centre.  The tickets are free, but there are only limited slots for a day so it's best to go there when it opens at 8am.  The earliest we could get was the 12:05pm slot, so we had a few hours to spare.  We took photos of the towers from the outside and walked around the city centre to buy some souvenirs and grab a bite.

There's a waiting area/lounge so we didn't get bored while waiting for the tour to start.  There were lots of things to do and read, mostly about skycrapers, towers, and the like.  I discovered that the height of the towers is 295x my own height! Useless, I know, but quite amusing :)  Apparently, each tower was built by a different contruction company, and it was made into a competition as to who would complete it first.  Tower 2 won, despite starting construction 1 month behind.  The tour began with watching a short film on its history then moving on to the Skybridge connecting the 2 towers, where they give you time to admire the view and take photos.  Just a short tour really and a nice photo op.

eejot says:
That'd be 'Entrapment' - Sean Connery, Catherine Zeta Jones :)
Posted on: Apr 03, 2007
Isoinspira says:
Crazy! I thought that I saw the Twin Towers in a movie.. do you remember which one it was in?
Posted on: Apr 02, 2007