A really small town

Broome Travel Blog

Lazy morning followed by a lazier day.

Attempted to book ourselves onto a sunset kayak tour, alas they aren’t running sunset tours at the moment and we’ve missed the day tour, so we’re going to have to go out on the day tour tomorrow instead.

10.45 - get the bus into town for a look around. The driver was really friendly and announced anything of interest over the intercom.

11.00 - arrive in the town centre.

11.10 - finished walking down the 2 streets of shops.

11.11 - head off in the direction I think the town’s beach is.

11.40 - start hearing stress in Wendy’s voice and finally admit to being lost and turn back

11.55 - pop into the internet shop

12.25 - decide to have lunch, luckily there’s a nice looking coffee shop next to the internet shop. Wendy ��" Gourmet Burger with Salad & Potato Wedges. Phil ��" Bacon & Eggs on toasted Rye doorstep.

13.00 - walk around the shops again.

13.10 - rush to Coles (grocers) to get milk and rolls before the 1 bus an hour turns up.

13.30 - catch bus back to Cable Beach.

By 14.30 we’re swimming in the warm Indian Ocean, always with an eye on what lies beneath the clear blue water. They haven’t had a stinger incident since June 08 and I don’t want today to be the day we change that. I did see (think I saw) a sting-ray swimming back out into the blue next to me at one point, but there are only dangerous when they think they’re cornered. Finished off our trip to the beach with a nice ice cream.

mumabbott says:

youve been busy ...food sounds good ..i,m just going to have a chicken Korma yum ..off to eat it before it gets cold ...have safe rest off journey ..love you xx
Posted on: Mar 11, 2009