It's gone green again

Jabiru Travel Blog

Wendy just managed to catch the pig butt in the photo

Barely an ant to be found this morning, thank you lethal doses of bug spray.

Before continuing our journey this morning we had to find a supermarket to replenish our food stocks and buy a large tupperware container to keep it all in, those pesky ants aren't getting an easy meal next time.

The drive itself was a relatively short 300km, with around 70 going up the Stuart Highway before turning off onto the Kakadu Highway. The majority of the Kakadu highway was cutting through the hills and forests, which was a refreshing change from all the scrub we'd seen for the past 1600km's. Other than the lush greenery not much excitement to report on the drive, except for almost hitting a ferrel pig.

In the mid-afternoon sun we trekked back to the Kakadu visitors centre we'd passed on the road to Jabiru, when I say trekked it was only around 3km's each way.

Maybe I am.
Although the fact that it had rained recently and the path was partially flooded in places did make you wonder about crocodiles hiding in the long grass, but I'm sure they wouldn't let tourists walk on this tracks if they were dangerous in any way. This was the first time in ages that we'd actually felt the humidity and well as the heat, by the time we got to the visitors centre our t-shirts were absolutely soaked.

After getting back to the campsite, having a lovely dip in the cold pool and soaking up some rays it was time to think about dinner. We decided it was a bit too humid to start cooking in the van so we opted to eat at the poolside bistro instead. Which was a good idea until we weren't the only things enjoying a good meal. The flies were certainly out in force tonight and we didn't really get to enjoy the meal because of the constant attention of the things. Ok, Wendy didn't enjoy her calamari, it'll take more than a few flies to put me off a mexicana pizza.

Wendy just managed to catch the pi…
Wendy just managed to catch the p…
photo by: 16weeks