Wine Tour

Cessnock Travel Blog

Showing our more sophistacated side, Wendy and I took a tour of a winery this morning....and surprisingly enough it was very educational to a heretic like me. It doesn't mean I'll be putting down the guinness or lage for a nice semillon, but I now know why certain bottles are 4GBP each and some are a little more expensive. Although I think some of the wines produced by this winery were not actually for drinking, rather putting in your cellar and telling people about 'em. The tour itself lasted just under an hour and was interpersed with fascinating information about how the wine industry started in Australia. Today the temp was supposed to reach 47 degrees and whilst walking out of the comfort of the shade certainly felt like it.

Since I'd be driving us to our next destination, I skipped the tasting that took place at the end. I think Wendy may have upset our guide by actually preferring the 2008 wine over the 9 year old vintage, but I guess wine is like Budweiser, meant to be drunk sooner rather than later.

mumabbott says:
do you want me to send some some snow .lol
keep away from the fires will never give up your guinness....united back on top still long way to go yet ..take care xx
Posted on: Feb 08, 2009