Wendy gets her groove back

Second Valley Travel Blog

Atmospheric

Today's dive wasn't until 4.30 in the afternoon, but we've got a chore to complete before then. For some reason the dive company don't have facilities to refill the tanks, so we had to get them refilled....strange but there you go. We tried to have another lie-in, but the little darlings in the plots next to ours woke at 7.30am and decided everyone else had to be up....bless.

After the quick run to a hotel in Normanville to get the tanks refilled and a 1 hour run to the nearest large supermarket for provisions, it was time to make our way to the marina.

The boat was packed, 12 divers, 2 guides and the skipper....gone was the space of yesterdays jaunt.

Dive 1 - Hobart: For some reason the other people allocated to our dive party didn't want a guided tour, so it was just Wendy and I being escorted around.

Leafy Sea Dragon
Prior to jumping in we warned the guide about Wendy's newly found fear of water, but he didn't really have much to worry about as she didn't have an issue today. We didn't go down to the lower areas of the boat today, choosing to stick around the 20metre mark of the deck. After around 2 laps of the ship, which considering the ship is 130metres long ain't bad going, we headed up. Wendy had indeed (once again) got over her apparent fear of depths....for now.

Dive 2 - Rapid Bay Jetty: Doesn't sound much of a dive, but there's a particular reason people dive this site.....the Leafy Sea Dragon. It was getting late on in the day and the sun was getting low in the sky, which made for an atmospheric dive, but rubbish for taking pictures. I did however manage to get several pics of the elusive Leafy, with only 1 worthy of publication. I did get some video which I'll try to upload onto Youtube and link it in when I can. The amount of life under the jetty was phenominal, you could spend quite a few dives down there and not get bored....unfortunately the water seemed to be getting colder. So we ended the dive after around 45mins.

Hanging about
Hanging about
Cuttlefish
Cuttlefish
More fish hanging about
More fish hanging about
Just surfaced under the pier.
Just surfaced under the pier.
Wendy heading back to the boat