Valley of the Winds

Uluru - Kata Tjuta Travel Blog

Sunrise at Uluru

Up at 5am this morning to see the sunrise over Uluru, we need to have a serious word with ourselves for getting up this early when we’re on holiday.

Sunrise today is 6.38 and we arrive about 5.50, still a fair number of people there even at this time in the morning, but still manage to get the van parked up in a good position. By about 6.40 everyone starts to head off, so we jump back into the ‘Mystery Machine’ and head to Kata Tjuta. I did think that at this time of the morning we might spot some Red Kangaroo’s hanging about the place on the 40km journey, but not a single one was spotted. We did however come across several camels just crossing the road minding their own business, luckily Wendy still had my camera in her hand and managed to get a couple of snaps.

We arrived at our destination about 7.

Unexpected Camels
30, but so far we hadn’t eaten anything. So without further a do we broke out the cereal and coffee, Wendy can’t function without her coffee.

The ‘Valley of the Winds’ walk must be about 8km’s in total and I’m glad we didn’t attempt it yesterday, even tackling it at this time of the morning was a killer. The stifling heat just sapping all your energy, plus the flies were back in force this time. We managed to do the whole circuit in about 2 hours (it was very hilly in parts….honest), plus on the way back a Red Kangaroo got startled as we walked by and hopped off further into the bush, which was nice.

It’s currently 13.37 and we’re both sat in the van out of the sun, well Wendy is actually sleeping on the bed whilst I write the last 3 days up for the blog. When I went to the camp shop for refreshing cold drinks the temp was a scorching 41degrees, ouch.

The flies are now managing to find ways into the van at a rate greater than I can kill them, so as soon as I finish this I’ll go hunting.

mumabbott says:
Hiya .think you need a few dips in the sea soon, getting to hot for you ..at least it will keep those flies off you ..we get to know about the temps on the news ..
all ok here ..drive safely ..love u xx