Today we went diving

Cairns Travel Blog

I think they're 'False Clown' Fish

Finally the wind let up enough for the boats to go out again, although judging by the amount of people spewing on the way out there must still be a bit of a swell going on. The inside of the boat looked like a casualty ward before the first dive with the amount of people lying down across the seats under blankets. I think they may have run out of their quota of sick bags as well. I must admit to feeling a little queasy myself, but I put that down to the exotic food consumed last night ;o)

I'm not going to bore people with the details of the diving, other than saying the 3 dives were on Milne x2 (Fish Tail and The Whale) and Flynn. I can't say I was too impressed with them to be honest, there didn't seem to be the amount of sea life I've seen in other parts of the world. In fact I seem to remember more life the last time I was here, so I'm not sure what's gone on.

Tomorrow we're going up to Port Douglas to catch a different dive boat, which is set to take in another set of reefs, so hopefully they'll be better for life.

mumabbott says:
wish i was there too Mark ...what with the hotel (dogs &cats )the weather and no fish ...whats going on .
at least it sounds like your eating ok ..whats the time difference between aus and uk ?hope you find some tomorow..have a good time x
Posted on: Jan 14, 2009
markaabbott says:
what's a 'false clown fish' - one that looks like a clown, smells like a clown but is not very funny? I think we deserve an answer! Kind of like Rowan Atkinson in Mr Bean?

I definitely wish I was there - Boston is about to get Arctic with -20....nice..!
Posted on: Jan 14, 2009