OMG it's early

Perth Travel Blog

Up at 3.20 this morning in order to make our 5.45 flight to Sydney, geez it was an effort.

Got downstairs to the reception and found 2 taxi drivers waiting, I think one was the real one and one had obviously blagged his way in. I think in the end we went with the wrong one, as he didn't know the name in which the cab was booked. Nevermind, the other guy will learn not to mess about so much.

Our journey back almost didn't start at all. On checking in at the airport we were asked for paper copies of the ESTA visa application we'd done online previously. Obviously we didn't have copies because prior to a month ago it wasn't a requirement to board Qantas flights to the USA. The woman on the desk and then her manager were very unhelpful and just said that it was unfortunate but they couldn't do anything. In my head I'm wondering whether they'd let us go if I manage to connect my laptop up to my mobile and show them it on the screen, luckily I didn't need to. Her manager eventually noticed that we'd already been checked through from Sydney to San Francisco so we didn't need the ESTA printouts.....phew.

After that almost disaster we were then faced with sitting on the tarmac for 30mins because of fog, great. We only had 2hours to make the connection anyway and now we have to get from the domestic terminal to the internation in only 90mins.

The stress must have knocked me out because I was asleep before the first episode of Family Guy had finished and I missed Woo crying her way through 'Marley and Me'. I just woke up to see the red puffy eyes and tissues.

photo by: cimtech