Diving again.

Seventeen Seventy Travel Blog

Lady Musgrove Island

Up at 6am in order to be at the marina for 7am, this diving lark is tough work. Usual breakfast of Special K, English muffins and strong coffee consumed before setting off.

Find that the parking bays at the marina set aside for ute’s with boat trailers are a perfect fit for the campervan. Everyone’s happy and we head over to check in.

On boarding the boat we’re warned that due to the weather front coming in the ride out might be a little bumpy, nothing should phase old hands like us. Then we get another announcement before we set off informing those that have had recent surgery might like to get off to avoid the stress, nobody moves.

Bored.
On the way out about 1/3 of the people onboard must have thrown up. I must admit to feeling a little ill myself, but have nobody to fuss over me as Wendy was already asleep with a wet cloth on her forehead, typical. Eventually I drop off as well, which did the trick as I work up just as we were pulling up to the reef station feeling fine.

I don’t really have a lot to write about the dives themselves, the highlights being the manta rays on the surface as we get ready to jump in for the first dive, then a manta ray buzzing us at 10metres whilst gliding off somewhere else. The rest was standard stuff, maybe we’ve been spoilt now having seen the Yongala. The second dive had a maximum depth of 5metres, which Wendy only achieved by virtually dragging her wrist computer through the sandy bottom. I reckon this would have been ideal for Locky, but a little tame for my liking.

On docking back at the marina, we’re happy to see camper1 (yes we’ve named it) still in one piece. We plug in bitchface (TomTom’s new name) and we’re finally off to Bundaberg. The journey should only take 2 hours, but it’s now getting late and soon darkness will be here……and with darkness comes the animals which like to jump out into the headlights of oncoming vehicles. Luckily nothing went bump during the drive.

markaabbott says:
why "bitchface" - have you got it set to german female language or something?
Posted on: Jan 27, 2009
mumabbott says:
ahh you werent too well on boat ..mum would have fussed over you ..lol .happy camping both of you ..xx
Posted on: Jan 27, 2009
Bored.
Hiding under the pontoon.
Hiding under the pontoon.
Side view