Shanghai: I came, I saw, I conquered...

Shanghai Travel Blog

i was so excited for a month....and now i think it was for the right reasons. This was the happiest trip I have had so far. Traveling alone was not so bad after all.

People who have actually been there told me 6 days was too long to spend in that city. I actually brought a book to keep me company in my lull hours... But I never had to open it. My six days were full of adventures.

A gazillion thanks to Tito Jun and Tita Nelia for being such great hosts. Grabe, superpowers nyo in Shanghai...hehehe.... I now believe I took the best tour of Shanghai anyone could ever have.... Pardon the 'superlatives.' I just really meant to say everything was 'super.'

Here are my awardees:

1. Best bargain hunter- Kuya Kaka, for bringing me to the 2RMB store! weeeh! they had tons of assorted stuff...i got the beaded bracelets my brothers really wanted... i got the same ones in beijing for 10RMB last June...

2. Best ride- Kuya Jesse's electric bike (twas my first time to ride a bike!), maglev was great, too.
.. it was fasssttt...

3. Best night out- my last night spent at Malone's.... Met cool people from home....I was in control of the alcohol, thank God! oh, and I got my souvenir drumsticks and guitar pick from Kuya Jesse and Kuya Jimmy! Art 6 was a really cool band...=)

4. Best haggling experience- Buying the Chinese dress at Subway store.... The store keeper gave me a free purse because I told her I'm an actress in the Philippines. haha! She gave me a good deal with the dress, too.

5. Best dinner- Banana Leaf.... Thanks to Tito Jun's mighty 'celeb' status, we got one of the best tables, and we didn't have to wait in line....Grabe lang! I even got to sing and dance with the singing cooks and waiters the PBB theme song and Christmas in our Hearts...hahaha!

6. Best bargain item- my ipod speakers; my adidas-converse shoes...haha...and mike's journal.... i love it!

7. Best Tourist Spot- Shanghai Museum, and of course, Xintiandi

8. Best tambay- Vandalizing the Wall in Starbucks near Plaza 66, Tracing family tree with Tito Jun; last day in Shanghai- Enjoying pastries and tea with beautiful roadtrip music plugged in my ears and the serene winter scene outside.
Shooting my show

9. Best crib- Ms. Nancy's Pad at Palace Court...i felt so at home..hehe..., Tito Jun and Tita Nelia's Dorm....---thanks for the shelter!

10 . Best night spots- Paulaner, Malone's, Luna...and the rest of the Xintiandi Strip

11. Shopping paradise- Plaza 66- for designer's; Xi Fu (I'm not so sure about how it's spelled); Electronics Bldg ( I forgot the name)

12. Best restaurant- I like Banana Leaf, Deli Bakery and  Bi Feng Tang

13. Best homecooked meal- Tita Nelia's adobo and ate lydia's fish dish (paksiw ata?)

14.
What lies beneath?
Best bar food- Paulaner's sausages and calamari

15. Best drinks- teh tarik and honey citreon tea from deli bakery

16. Best moments: - Friction singing my requested song: Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
                           -  having Art 6 play 'With or Without You' as the 1st song of their last set.
. Thanks
                              Kuya Bong! (Thanks for the tequila, too...my fave alcohol!hehe)
                           -  Reporting at the Police Station...haha... got so scared!

17. Worst moment: - Having to leave my jamon and queso at the customs check...grrr...

Still frozen?
Frozen statue
Frozen statue
Cameraman and the travel show host
Cameraman and the travel show host
Waiting to cross the street?
Waiting to cross the street?
Im cool!
Im cool!
At the Science Tech park
At the Science Tech park
Kuya Jesse?
Kuya Jesse?
Pearl Tower?
Pearl Tower?
Madilim ba o maitim lang?
Madilim ba o maitim lang?
Im behind the speakers... playing…
I'm behind the speakers... playin…
Shanghai