To go or not to go...

Shanghai Travel Blog

I was dead set to go to Shanghai as soon as I was able to talk to my uncle Jun, who has been residing in Shanghai for some time now with his wife, Aunt Nelia. It was near the end of November.

I have recruited a couple of friends to join me in the trip, and got even more excited. I have never traveled alone before, so I appreciate that they were willing to join me in this new adventure.

So I began my usual research on things to do, what to see, where to eat, how to get where. It was only the 1st week of December. I filed my trip pass to get my plane ticket, filed my half day leave of absence, filled up the visa application and stored all these documents until about the 2nd-3rd week (so it's not that obvious that I'm overly excited...Haha! ).

It was during the same time when my supposed travel buddies for this trip backed out. I was shut down. I felt abandoned, but I thought there was no turning back now. I so wanted and deserved a vacation very badly. December after Christmas and before New Year was the perfect time because there was a long holiday break, which does not happen very often.

I filed all the documents so I could not stop myself from going. I got my ticket by the 16th of December, my visa by the 23rd... And my total will to go on the 24th when my uncle has confirmed that the most important thing to me at that time----my shelter was nothing to worry about anymore.

I immediately went pasalubong shopping for all the stuff I would be bringing Uncle Jun and Aunt Nelia. It was such a high. I did shop for a few winter neccessities as soon as I planned (you can date that to way back when...)...Just a few things though.... I always pack light...

So, I was more excited about the 26th than Christmas itself... And Christmas has been the most important holiday to me.  This was how badly I wanted to go. I was not expecting much, but having to go away for 6 days was way better for me than doing nothing at home, getting heavier and bigger by the day...

The 26th day came and I was the first in line at the counter... haha.... Finally, I'm off... That's all that matters.... Nothing else really did.

....Until I came, I saw and conquered Shanghai!

issa005 says:
I got them polvoron,pastillas and the likes... i even brought jamon and queso de bola...but the customs got rid of them..hehe...twas a good thing i saved the dried danggit, pusit and my uncle's tj hotdogs and longganisa...hehe
Posted on: Jan 07, 2009
arlene0725 says:
That is great. I know the feeling of wanting a visit a certain country on vacation! Woo hooo.... Did you get them yemas & other chichirias?
Posted on: Jan 05, 2009