The Lone Journey To Another World..

Kuta Travel Blog

1st August 2008

25-30 degrees
Clear Sky
No Rain
No Wind

Flight from Sydney to Denpasar takes roughly 6 and half hours. Flying Jetstar doesn't help when the flight is delayed for half an hour for no particular reason. No one interesting to talk to on the plane either. I have resorted to listening to my ipod and reading Harry Potter.

Will get to Bali at about 10pm local time and not sure what to expect to be honest. I rang the hotel this morning and have already encountered a language barrier. Staying at Kuta should mean mostly everyone speaks English though.

Iron Man is showing on the in flight movie but it really doesn't entertain me. All in all, the flight has not been interesting and sitting in the same spot is doing my head in!!

Arriving in Denpasar was a nightmare! It took over 1 and half hours to get through immigration and customs and then a porter tried to cheat me out of some money to carry my bags (and won! took 100, 000 INR).
Has left me having no trust for anyone that looks remotely Balinese.

Airport transfer was OK. The driver was friendly but everyone here drives like a nut case! There's no traffic lights, motorbikes and vespas EVERYWHERE and you just drive, literally! No rules, hardly any indications = TOTAL MAYHEM!!

The place I am staying in, Sayang Maha Mertha Hotel, is nice enough. It's budget but still has my own double bed and private bathroom.

I am freaking out a lot since I arrived. I love big cities but I am so unsure of myself here.

When I came in there were some English people playing pool. I'm too tired tonight and already getting attacked by mosquitoes so i'll go meet people tomorrow :)

monky says:
Congrats on your featured!
Stigen says:
Congrats on the feature :) I love long flights , great chance to jsut chill out with some music, a book, movies !
maryanntravel says:
Congrats on your feature today!
photo by: eddie8498