From crippling stock market losses to the gold coast, to battling unions

Chicago Travel Blog

A liked this sign

So due to the collapse of the oil industry in Russia I am stuck in chicago on a semi-permanet basis.  Luckily due to my complaining I have relocated to the Gold Coast region of chicago and now am living in official corporate housing, on floor 23, with a beautiful view of the city.  Of course the weather has not cooperated, but there is plenty of jazz to go around in my new neighborhood.

One of the big problems with my new home is that the owners of the buildings decided to get the whole place painted.  Due to our friend, capatilism the owners and the painters union could not reach an agreement on the building, and SCAB labour has been used.  So the union is now protesting outside of my home, clogging up traffic, waving their giant inflatable rat, and egging scab workers, doing a good enough job to get a paddywagon from the police to come on over.  So life is good in that regard.

Today I finally got to explore the gold coast region, only to see many beautiful buildings, and nice parks.... next step:  Ask my boss for a 950,000 dollar raise!

A Buffalo from Buffalo Grove