AsiaThailandTak

Everything but the three

Tak Travel Blog

Three to tree

Ale was a driver for this trip. I helped him sometimes but not much because he told us "I love to drive" and he got the International driver License. I had the permanent driver license but my wallet was stolen two weeks before the trip. I didn't go to do the new one yet so better let him drive. Our destination is Pai, Mae Hongson then back from Maehongson to bangkok.

People told me the road to Pai is the most dangerous. We know it well that the road in Maehongson is full of curves. It's thousands curves! I told Ale, but he seemed to be don't care. I know he's good to drive but the road here maybe it's worse than the road in Italy? Stephane doesn't drive. He isn't used to the right hand side driving. And he doesn't have the license :)

The road in the night isn't empty.
Sawaddee krab/ka
There were many cars going to the same destination. With 3 people, there were three opinions. If you all think the same, that's good. But if no, how it should be. I was the one who set up the trip. Ale let me manage it because I told him many months ago that I wanted to go there. Stephane doesn't agree with some routes as he wanted everything to be great and don't let us drive too much each day. But Ale said he can drive. I don't know that he really can or saying that to please me? We talked about how many cities should we stop? And a lot more .. then things don't turn to be the same as I thought. I was like quite disappointed that why can't I go to the place that I want to?!

Tonight, we planned to go to Chiangmai! But .. we would be there like 11pm.
Racha city Hotel
I agreed to drive to Chaingmai after Ale said he's ok to drive. My plan was going to Chiangmai tonight then to Pai tomorrow and stay there for a few days. Ale agreed. It was the plan we set up before. Stephane doesn't want to. He wanted to stop somewhere. After discussion, ok .. we'll stop. I knew that there would be something like this happened in the trip. And this is just the first day, ok we shared. But in three, there should be one or two to say "Yes" to another. If no, we fight and the trip wouldn't be so smooth. I don't want to fight even I know that maybe my trip wouldn't be so nice like I thought.

One thing I know, you should make a trip with the person that love to see the same or love to travel the same or love to eat the same as you. If you don't want to have a problem or want anyone to break your holidays. But I understood. Already said "yes" to make the 3some trip.
Racha city Hotel
We should share everything. If we have the different opinions, we should share and do something that we all agree or two in three of us agree.

In this trip, we changed the city everyday. Stephane doesn't want us to drive too far coz he doesn't want us to be so tired. But we weren't tired but he did care about us anyway. I think if we decided to drive more each night, we wouldn't be so tired to drive every day and change places everyday like this. Anyway this trip has taught me how to be patient (even I don't have much but I did). After the trip, I realized that Ale is still my good companion since we started travel together more than one year ago. And Stephane is a good friend to help me when we had a problem anyway.

At that time we was in Tak province.
At Prachao Tak shrine
Was about 9pm. We found one nice hotel on the road. So ok, if he wanted to stop, we stopped. It was 700 THB per nice. The hotel is really nice. If it's in Bangkok, it would be like 2000 THB + I think.  Racha city Hotel.

The weekend we traveled was the weekend that the goverment asked people to don't have the party or any event to celebrate anything. Some pubs always had to close also. Because it was the weekend that we had the funeral of the sister of our King. So the city and everywhere was so quiet. But just like 3 days. Then they can continue doing the same again. So we didn't go out to eat, just had the dinner there and some beers.

We stopped there and tomorrow the plan was going to Pai! But who knows?

Yes who knows?

We woke up late, couldn't make it to Pai today for sure.
Ale and his rabbit following the Chinese year.
If we don't arrive in Pai before noon, we better stay in Chiangmai. Everyone agreed, so we booked the hotel in Chaing Mai and went out to See around Tak.

Tak is a nice province. The road is really wide and clean. I wish Bangkok had the same. We went to see Pra Chao Tak Shrine. He was the king of Thailand before we had the monarchy. For Thai people, it's good to go to the city's shrine or about to give the respect and ask them to protect you during the trip.  We took some pictures then on the road again. Ale drove, yes. There were many checkpoints on the way as Tak is near the Mianmar boarder and a lot of burmese come to work in Thailand without the permission. I was thinking does the police think I'm one of them? :)

newtampo says:
Me too Ale!
Posted on: Jan 26, 2009
aleksflower says:
nice to remember that time :) and tak was really nice.. i really liked it :)
Posted on: Jan 24, 2009
newtampo says:
Thank you Jack. Yes, the world is cruel! :D
Posted on: Jan 12, 2009
At Prachao Tak shrine
Ale and his rabbit following the C…
Ale and his rabbit following the …
Our room
Our room
Me and Padthai at the lobby :D
Me and Padthai at the lobby :D
Read the map :)
Read the map :)
Nice house - its the bakery shop
Nice house - it's the bakery shop
On the road
Stephane and his monkey year
Stephane and his monkey year
:D
:D
The dragon! If youre born in 1976…
The dragon! If you're born in 197…
Hehe