Eating prawns in Ayuttaya

Ayutthaya Travel Blog

Yummy!
After got the bad service from the restaurant in Singburi province. Today, when we drove back to bangkok - would like to stop at Ayuttaya to eat the same thing that we missed last night. River Prawns!

I've heard that here's the place to enjoy eating those prawns but I don't know which area should be. Ayuttaya is big. We stopped and asked local people. Lucky I've met a man who told us that don't eat in the city because it's expensive. He recommened us to o out a little bit there is a fresh market that you can choose the prawn, fish, crab from the river. And it's a half price cheaper than here, and sure, same quality. We don't remember exactly where was it but we was trying hard to eat it. Then we found the market.

It's full of restaurants - everywhere is quite the same. We just came here to eat, really. We ordered only 3 dishes but those made us full in 20 minutes. In Singburi, it's 300THB per one prawn. (900/1 kg. and 1kg has 3 prawns) but here is 240 per Kilo. And one kilo is about 9 prawns. It's just a bit smaller than the prawn in Singburi but the taste is the same! Especially the spicy sauce they cooked. Delicious!

Oh .. I love prawns!!