Doi kong mu

Mae Hong Son Travel Blog

Doi Kong Mu

We promised each other to wake up early to see the sea cloud at Doi Kong Mu. I don't think there's any cloud here. Even Doi Kong Mu is the famous temple in the hill to see the seacloud but there was hot! We didn't see it anyway because we woke up almost noon :P

Had breakfast at the same place, sunflower restaurant, then went to Doi Kong Mu. This temple is really beautiful. I don't want to blame myself twice, no third, no fourth, whatever, that i went there in the wrong time. It would be more beautiful if there's cold!

The old name of Doi Kong Mu is Plai Doy, it's an old temple that's so important of Maehoneson since hundred year ago.

Nowadays, it's also being a place for most of Thai festivals for example Loi Kratong, Songkran, etc.

A postcard shop

After two hours - my buddies finished taking NICE pictures :P We went to have some coffee near there. This coffee shop is lovely. (but the price isn't). Anyway, it's in the hill and this is a touristic place so it's difficult to find a friendly price. Around the temple there are many souvenior shops. I didn't buy anything because everything is the same everywhere in northern. I recommend if you want to find a nice handmade shop, if you want to support the local, go to their villages. And you can buy direct to the maker. That can help them more.

Now all around you may notice the postcard shops also. For people that don't love to write - I think they can't just walk pass by when they see those nice postcards. I'm sure, at least you have someone you think of. And i'm sure, there'll be someone that you want to share this moment with. And yes so sure, you'll buy it and write it and send to ones.

Me and the tree :D
We had a drink there last night
We had a drink there last night
Postcard shop
Postcard shop
Were at 1864the curve! Yes!
We're at 1864the curve! Yes!
Sawaddee ka
Send to you!
Cutie postbox
Cutie postbox
Doi Kong Mu
The Japanese guy took it, thanks! …
The Japanese guy took it, thanks!…
A nice wood map