New Year's Day Hike

Fullerton Travel Blog

[This is my very first blog on TB] I woke up on New Year's day in the mid afternoon. Hung over and tired as heck! But, it was a beautiful day and I didn't want to waste it just sitting around all day punishing myself for drinking way too much champagne the previous night.  Therefore, I decided I wanted to go for a hike. I remembered Craig Regional park being close to the Brea Mall, about a 10 minute drive from my house. So I researched the park and the fees at and grabbed a huge bottle of water - taking into consideration my...ummm...."cotton mouth and hang over". Off I was for my afternoon of exploring.

As evidenced by the pictures, it was a great day for a hike. The park was huge and not crowded at all. I picked a trail and headed off. I passed the pond with bunches of ducks, the various sports fields and beautifully manicured lawns. I hiked for about an hour then took a break to catch up on some texts and instant messages (ahhh...the beauty of technology at your palm!). I decided to call it a day at about 4:30 once it started to get chilly. But I had a great day and an awesome hike. The first day of 2009 was a relaxing and peaceful one for the most part...a bit achy at night once I realized I really should stretch before and after these hikes...I was a bit sore!

6 km (4 miles) traveled