Flying back home

Cancun Travel Blog

packed bag

On Saturday we all woke up and got ready to leave. Esh and Sharon had left super early so I had said my ‘adios’ to them the night before. I had packed the night before and I was getting the last minute things together to make sure I didn’t leave anything behind. Once I was done I went to the balcony and stared out at the water, waiting for Erika and Klarke to be done so we could head downstairs. Ahhh…leaving that water was breaking my heart! I loved it soooo much! I took a couple more pictures of the beach and then some more with Erika and Klarke. Then we left. Cecily was leaving after us because she had a later flight. The trip to the airport was fine. We had made arrangements to be picked up.

the way she dries her hair.
There were also a few others on the van with us and they all were really nice.  The way to the airport was fine. No problems whatsoever. It was a short ride, too.  Once we were there we walked around since we had a couple of hours to spare. I saw this little shop where they sold some purses. I almost ran in there looking for one purse that I had not been able to get my mind off of since Puerto Vallarta. But they didn’t have it. Sad, I know. After getting my hopes up and then having them crushed we went and sat by our gate. I was looking at the pictures in my camera and smiling. It was an amazing time! We then had to get up and move because our gate was switched.
the 3 amigas
I've noticed that this has happened a couple of times when I've been in Mexico. But it's not a big deal. As long as everything is ready by the time we have to leave, which it was. We boarded our plane and we were in Houston in a couple of hours. We got our bags and headed for our next gate. We were taking our sweet time and then we realized that we needed to hurry because our flight was going to start boarding. We forgot about the time difference! Oh man! How we hurried then! We were practically running! Well, we did run some. We got to our gate just as the first class people were boarding. There were so many people waiting! It was crazy! When we finally boarded the plane I noticed that it was super long! I had never been on such a big plane! I was kinda nervous. It was a first for me. The lady that sat next to me was going to Los Angeles to visit her son.
He lived in the same city I did. I sat and talked to her. She was an older lady and she had nobody on the plane with her. She had been with her sister and brother but I think they took another flight because she said she couldn't find them. I was going to help her when we got to LAX. She told me her life story. I almost cried. She reminded me of my gramma. When we got to LAX I was helping her with her carry on bags and waited with her in the exit line to see if we could find her brother and sister. They were not on our flight. I asked her if she wanted to get her bags and she said yes. We had to go down an escalator and she was so scared. I went in front of her and when she stepped on it she lost her footing and she went forward. Good thing I was in front of her, but we both almost fell. I pushed her back and Erika grabbed her from behind.
heading home
Oh I was scared! I was advising her when to take her step at the bottom. We got our bags and then her bags. OH MY GOODNESS! Her bags were so heavy! Erika almost went on the tram trying to take it off. I was asking her for her sons information and couldn't get to it. Klarke had to heft it off the tram! I noticed my mom had arrived to pick me up so I went and searched for airport workers to help her out. I hated to leave her not knowing if her sister and brother were there because they were also going to L.A. but on a different flight. Good thing the people I got to help her spoke Spanish. It was an interesting flight back. I will never forget it. But I still wish I knew what happened with her.

landing