Beach Time!!!!

Cancun Travel Blog

sunrise that first morning.

I went back inside and fell asleep until 8:30 in the morning or so. It was bright but cloudy when I woke up. I was ready to get my first view of the ocean in its entire splendor! My goodness! I fell in love with the ocean and how beautiful it is! I could not believe that water could be that blue! It seemed unreal! I needed to get in that water immediately! Erika and I were anxious to be off. Klarke and Cecily were still tired and wanted to sleep. We let them stay in bed. First thing we did was go to the beach! We opened the door and were blasted with strong wind! It felt super strong in the hallway! We went down and walked to the white sand, and even that was an experience! The sand in California is grainy! This sand was fine white sand. I don’t think I could explain the texture of it, but the water is another story! I could go on and on about it.

Captain Morgan moment!
It’s just so beautiful! We were both wearing shorts but not our bathing suits ( I know, not smart!) but we decided to get our feet wet. I would have loved to just jump in there, but there were slabs of huge rocks and I know I would have scrapped myself on them. Plus the water was really rough, not that I mind roughness, but I didn’t want to get hurt on my first day there. I looked and looked and looked out at the ocean. I couldn’t get my eyes off of it. I knew I had to if I wanted to keep exploring our hotel, so I did tear them away! We went to check out both pools. The main pool was great! There was even a lap pool. The only down side was that there were no Jacuzzis! That was a bummer! But I knew I was going to enjoy it regardless.  We then went to the lobby and looked around. The hotel had a little market and that is where we did most of our shopping during our stay. We went back into the room and were ready for some breakfast!

We woke up Klarke and Cecily, but only Klarke went with us.

EEK! Cold water!
Cecily went back to bed. We went down to a restaurant that was right next to the hotel. Unfortunately I do not remember the name of it. But it was delicious! They had a breakfast buffet. Their chilaquiles were so delicious! The restaurant also had a taquero which is something different. Their mimosas were not so great, but I drank it anyway! It was a great breakfast!

When we went back to the room I changed into my bathing suit. I wanted to be in that water as soon as I could! Erika did what I did, too! Klarke went back to bed to take a nap and I just couldn’t believe a person slept so much! I was teasing her about it and not letting her sleep.

no tan lines!
We both finally convinced her to at least go downstairs and take a nap on the beach. Cecily stayed upstairs. We found our beach lounge chairs and laid down for a bit. I wasn’t really into that, so after about 15 minutes I got up. Erika decided to go in the water with me as well, and Klarke, well, she was lying out and napping. The water was excellent and really rough. But still I had a great time diving under the waves and got knocked around a few times. But it was great! I hadn’t done that in years! I felt like a kid again!

After a few hours of getting some sun and having fun, we went back to the room to hang out with Cecily. She was starving! So we got dressed and walked the few steps to the mall next door.

weeeee!!!!!
Pretty convenient if I do say so myself. We had a lovely dinner at a place called Chocolate City! How good does that sound? The restaurant had all kinds of quotes from movies that involved chocolate all over the place and of course, the most famous one was “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” That was just one of many lines. They had several chocolate mixed drinks, which were good. I forgot what I had. I have a bad memory! The food was good, and again, I do not recall what I had that night. After dinner we went back to the room and watched a bit of T.V. before heading off to bed.

I woke up to darkness the morning after. I don’t know what woke me up but I couldn’t go back to sleep. I went through the living room and went outside to the big balcony. Outside was very windy and my hair was all over the place. I sat on a chair and looked out at the ocean waiting for the sun to come up. I knew it was on its way because the sky was pink but very cloudy. I couldn’t stop thinking about what my family was going through back home.  I now knew why my mom didn’t want to tell me anything when I spoke with her in Houston. And I do not blame her. I would’ve tried to do the same thing were it reversed. My mind wanders and I start to cry. I was remembering the last couple of times I had seen my cousin Ernie.

I look at the sun coming out and I know it’s his new beginning and not an ending. I felt a sense of peace as I looked up at the sky and felt that he was in a better place. This is the way I came to accept what happened and to find peace with it. I still ache knowing that I’ll no longer see him, but he will always be in my heart.

hirondellenhi says:
this is indeed a beautiful sunrise!!1
Posted on: Apr 23, 2009
weeeee!!!!!
That was me in that beautiful wate…
That was me in that beautiful wat…
the pools.