A Spectacular Light Show!

Grote Markt Travel Blog

One of the main things Brett wanted to show me was the Grote Markt area / Grand Place which is a World Heritage UNESCO site.  Whoo Hoo!  He wanted to lead me through there with eyes closed type thing but it didn't quite work out in his favor as I spotted these interesting lights and made my own way down the street towards them (sorry honey!!)

Turns out, during the holidays, there is a spectacular light show that occurs throughout the night.  It was honestly one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.  The lights, the atmosphere, being there with him - was just one of the most magical nights of my life.

So although Brett didn't get to show me the Square just as he pictured it unfolding, it could not have been a more perfect setting.  And what an unexpected bonus for him with the light show...such a romantic at heart although he denies it! :-)

And yes, I know I took A LOT of photos of the light show but I really loved it and was trying to get photos of each shift in the lights...some certainly came out better than others though! LOL

Grote Markt