Royal Palace and Brussels Park

Palais du Bruxelles Travel Blog

After walking about the Royal Square, we were off to the Royal Palace and Brussels Park.  My head was starting to spin a little as I was getting confused by all the names and what we had seen and where we were going.  I must say, I am rather impressed that we did a major walking tour of Brussels in 1/2 of a day after being up and out late the night before after driving in from Eindhoven and touring Antwerp!

So, now we were at the Royal Palace which is the center of Brussels and the official palace of the Kings, although I read not currently used as a royal residence.  We didn't have time to explore outside the main city center of Brussels but apparently, the King and his family live on the outskirts of Brussels in the Royal Castle of Laeken.

After taking a few pictures in front of the Royal Palace, we decided to wander through Brussels Park.  It is surrounded by the Royal Palace obviously, but also the Belgian Parliament and the US Embassy.  The park had a number of sculptures that I, of course, had to run around and try to get pictures of them all!! Sorry Brett!

Towards the end of our walk we were headed to the Parliament side and we found these sculptures of heads on pedestals and one missing so of course, Brett had to go up and pretend to be the missing head! LOL

Palais du Bruxelles