Manneken Pis

Manneken Pis Travel Blog

Ok, apparently no trip to Brussels is complete without two things - Belgian Waffles and a trip to see the Manneken Pis.  After we left the Grand Place, we made our way down to the Manneken Pis area and we passed numerous waffel places but Brett kept telling me to be patient, we would get to the "right" one.  This is a place he had been numerous times before and really liked their waffles.

As we made our way down the path, I instantly smelled them and OMG, they were better than any of the other ones we had passed by.  I had never had one with toppings and stupidly declared I will probably eat 5 of these today. HAHAHAHA.  Oh boy what a joke that was!  Brett suggested I start off with one and see how I do.

I ordered the one with everything - chocolate, banana, strawberries and whipped cream.  It's vacation, no need to diet, right? :D

After spilling part of it on me and the ground, I eventually polished it off to only instantly start moaning that I ate too much! LOL.  So much for those other 4 I planned to attack.  HAHA.

Next it was off to see the Manneken Pis itself.  Many stories exist as to its history but one thing is for sure, it definitely draws a crowd.  Shop windows nearby are filled with souvenirs and tributes.  It was nearly impossible to get anywhere near it but I did get a couple pictures.  Since we were there only days before Christmas, we got to see him dressed in his little Santa suit! LOL

Manneken Pis