Cathédrale Saints-Michel-et-Gudule

Cathedral of Saints Michael and Gudula Travel Blog

A cathedral!  Poor Brett though....little did he know that cathedrals and churches would be my downfall!  This was our first one of the trip and uh yeah, I wandered through every square inch, taking photos of every stained glass window, sculpture, etc.  One of my biggest regrets from my time in Germany is the few photos I ended up with after visiting some of the historic sights.  I still have to get those pictures uploaded since they weren't digital but I only ended up with one or two decent photos of the interior (I only shot about 5 -10) so I was disappointed.

Anyways, this cathedral was gorgeous!  I was in awe of the beautiful interior.  St. Michael and St. Gudula Cathedral is located at Treurenberg hill and the patron saints are also the patron saints of the city of Brussels! I pretty much left Brett in the dust and wandered all over snapping photos.

After we completed most of the cathedral, we found there was a little museum of sorts, a treasure room, that you had to pay a fee to enter.  I batted my eyes at Brett and he agreed to let me go wander. There were some beautiful relics and I have the brochure on everything we saw, just need to go review and update all the captions on this entire blog!

Cathedral of Saints Michael and Gudula