Excited about leaving soon! Some thoughts . . .

New Jersey Travel Blog

Alright so I have no pics for this one. I know this is a horrible location (couldn't get away from the telephone poles), but look at that sunset!
Having spent the majority of my university career as a business student worrying about the high-paying job I hoped to get after graduation, I realized only in my final year that I had entirely missed the point of it all...both life in general up until now, and the college experience. So I decided to postpone graduation and take a semester to study in Rome…some required classes as well as interesting electives were offered. Sure, I could be as rich as I wanted...but I'd rather not sell my soul only to find out in 30 years that wasting all my precious time was really never worth it.

Recent soul-searching expeditions brought back memories of love of writing and all things culinary. At 22 years old and still at a loss for any clear idea of what I truly want out of life, what I really love and how much I'm willing to sacrifice in order to get it, I hope to find some answers on this adventure.

I'm really excited to have Travbuddy as a way to not only document my experiences and record my thoughts alongside pictures of the things and moments that inspired them, but also to be able to share all this with family, friends, and like-minded strangers and adventurers all over the world!

I hope you enjoy sharing in my adventure and I welcome and look forward to any tips (for travel, food, staying warm haha), thoughts, or comments. In dire need of some new perspective and a bit of inspiration for where and how to begin the next chapter in my life, I’m open to anything. I don’t want to fall into the cliché of saying I hope to find myself, but I certainly hope to learn new things about myself, which in combination with all the new things I’ll be learning about the world, should give me some pretty clear direction about where to go next. (Here’s hoping!) Could it be that I’ll begin to live at 22? Or perhaps I’ll be disappointed in what really happens in comparison to the life-altering effects I’d expected from travel. Only time will tell . . . (but I’ve never been more excited to say that!)

I leave in less than two weeks…updates coming soon!!
aswold says:
Wow, good luck and enjoy.
razvancrt says:
wonderful! have fun, girl!! feel the life!
paul_gr says:
You are a lucky person! Spending a semester in Rome is something most people would kill for.

Posted on: Feb 14, 2009
Alright so I have no pics for this…
Alright so I have no pics for thi…