Getting high

New York Travel Blog

NYC lights

Getting high .... you can do that a lot in New York City. On my first day in the City that's exactly what I did. I stood in line at the Empire State Building to get a glimpse on NYC from high ... up above. It took about two hours to get up to the 86th floor Observation deck. I wasn't the only one who wanted to get high, obviously. Combined with several security check-ups and more lines in front of the elevators it's quite a journey to get there. When I got into line, that went all the way to the sidewalk, it was daylight. Once I got to the Observation deck it was night. But what a sight!!!!! Let me tell ya, its absolutely worth getting high in the Empire State Building! Just get yourself well dressed, it's freezing cold up there with a strong wind blowing. There's also a souvenir shop, if you like.

Four years later, I had the chance to catch a view on NYC in daylight from the 40th floor. It's just as spectacular, thou the city lights at night are a little bit more fascinating. I also had the chance to be at the ESB at different times of day, noticing the lines. So, just a note: the shortest line is in the morning, around 9am.

Otherwise, across the street, at 33rd street, there's this pub, "Legends". Everytime I'd pick up Ivana from work, we'd end up there for a bite and a drink. She works in the ESB, which got me the privilege of seeing the non-touristic side of this famous building. Please, check out the review on "Legends".

NYC canyons
Legends Pub, NYC. The restaurant
Legends Pub, NYC. The restaurant
New York Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A nice pub in NYC
I love pubs! And "Legends" has just everything I love about a pub. It's interior is warm and cosy, dark wood and warm light. The music is great and th… read entire review
New York