Norwegian Seamans Church

Puerto Rico Travel Blog

I dont know what to say , Im totally speechless after all the help Ive recieved from the Norwegian Seamanschurch and some very kind individuals. Ive got travel documents so i can manage to get home, Ive got Emergency cash to survive until Im heading home again , Ive got some 2.nd hand clothing from someone asociated with the church and the Catholic Church in Arguineguin and a place to stay with a very sweet pensioner called Eli.

To get here Ive sleept outside for two days which is a rather unpleasant experience, but these material things can be replaced even though it has taken me months of saving up , but its only material values. The pictures are unfortunatly unreplaceable. I grew up poor, or at least what we call "poor" in Norway. I didnt have the fancy toys that other kids have and didnt go on the fancy vacations, but we always managed with food on the table and I often vacationed with other "problem youth" when i was younger. I actually was a real problem-child and was required to go to a shrink every week and when there where class-meetings at middle-school (13 to 16) the teacher always asked "Have Christian behaved nicely this week?" I was also registered in Child services and they often checked up on me. All this attention just made matters worse , but the people didnt seem to understand this.

Thanks to the fact that we moved away from this evil circle and that i didnt get any more attention I got out of it. I made good healthy friends and started to get interested in computers. The fact that we got a computer when i was 14 also helped drasticly. And the fact that we have free education means that Ive have managed to get a good education and able to earn a good living and to help my mom that is unable to work because of her back-problems.

The last couple of days Ive done a lot of thinking and Ive had my most emotional moment since 2005. I have A LOT to be thankful for and just sitting outside with nothing at all has made me aware that no matter how much Ive lost I still have a really good life and some good friends to help me out of it. Isnt this what 2009 is about?

Thank you! Thanks everyone!

tvillingmarit says:
So nice to see you were helped by Den Norske Sj√łmannskirken. Your journey Christian isn`t measured in miles or comfortable hotels, but in the number of new friends. Great to see people caring for eachother. Take care.
Posted on: Jan 05, 2009
kickasstunner says:
*aww hugs*
Posted on: Jan 03, 2009
liekevo says:
Your year didn't start very well, but just think from now it will only get better :) Glad to read you met some nice people so you will manage to get home. Want to wish all the best for the rest of 2009!
Posted on: Jan 02, 2009