Being robbed in Arguineguin

Arguineguin Travel Blog

I went to Arguineguin to celebrate New Years eve with the Norwegian Seamans Church in Grand Canaria, but the name Seaman's church is a little misleading since the place exists for tourists and the Local Norwegian population.  After celebrating and watching the rockets I put my bags in a box outside the seamanschurch and headed to the pub to grab a few pints.. After a good night out i came back and noticed that everything i had was gone, including my passport and around 900euro in cash and my camera equipment.

Total value , around 4000 euro! Stolen! When i woke up the next morning i had a really emotional moment and couldnt really believe the facts and started to realize that i was in a different country with no identification and no money and i was 4000 Euro poorer than i was when a few hours ago. I fell into tears because i felt helpless and out of controll of the situation , a feeling Ive not felt in a very very long time.

I still cant believe that Ive lost everything i have , including my passports , working visas for Brazil, South Africa and the US. All the pictures Ive taken for the last month and not least all my camera equipment and clothing.

2009 sucks Bigtime!
CFD says:
Now this is more than a year ago ive learned not to be careless and to take good care of my things , and i really had a good experience when volunteers took care of me when i needed it the most :)
Posted on: Apr 15, 2010
mslellen says:
I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. But no one can take away what you experience within your life time.
Posted on: Apr 15, 2010