EuropeSpainTelde

Lost my credit card and sleeping in Las Palmas Airport

Telde Travel Blog

Finally its time to leave rainy Bergen to travel around in the world again. This time Ive choosen the Canary Islands since the airfare is very cheap and the climate is good at this time of the year , compared to most of mainland Europe.

When I arrived in Las Palmas i noticed that my credit card where missing and the only cash I had was the 2200 Norwegian Kroner. The exchange office where closed so i had no choice but to sleep in the Airport and wait for the office to open the next morning. I can recomend sleeping in Las Palmas Airport as its free and its pretty comfortable if you go upto the departures (1.st floor, up the escalators) where the benches has leather cusions compared to no cusions down in the arrivals hall. The even play relaxing music so help you sleep :) The only negative thing i can find is that there is no left luggage so you have to have your luggage next to you and that they give loud information over the loudspeakers about no-smoking and other messages. Recomended!

The next day i slept in "Ibiza Pension" which is a rubbish pension, but the name sounded promising so i decided to stay a couple of nights. Bad idea! I walked around in Vegueta which is the oldest district in Las Palmas and took my pictures. Las Palmas isnt a beautiful city and i was tired after staying a few nights and desperatly wanted to get out of Las Palmas as there is very little to do. Its also impossible to get an English guidebook here as all the books are in Spanish. I got a tip that "Canary Book" have english books, but i dont know if they stock guidebooks like "lets go , Rough Guide or Lonely planet"
tvillingmarit says:
Did you make it on 2200 Nkr?
Posted on: Jan 05, 2009