My Son

Hoi An Travel Blog

I booked a day trip (well half day trip) to go out to My Son ruins. The tour was a bit of a pain, I wasn't use to the huge bus and felt a bit overwhelmed, and many of us went off on our own rather than waste time waiting for the guides to start once we reached the complex. There is a circular route you can walk, with ruins scattered alone the way but really one area where there are several towers and temples you can wander around. Its very beautiful, the grey stone with scultured flower motifs and the glimpse of a face, with the dark green of the trees all around and little bridges over streams. Its hard to imagine what it was once like and how people lived at that time.  It would be great to go when there are less people around and you aren't pushed for time because the bus is leaving.

I managed to break my flip flop shoes but felt more comfortable walking along bare-foot. It is hard to bargain for shoes though when you are bare foot. There was the option to go back via the river which would have been great if it weren't for the rain.

jethanad says:
:) enjoyed reading about your experiences
Posted on: Apr 16, 2014