I could have killed somebody!

Cabo San Lucas Travel Blog

Cabo Surf
So, as I wrote a couple of days ago, I went surfing for the first time on the 12th.  To my novice eye, the conditions looked ideal to go surfing.  Well today I picked up a couple of guests, Brent and Susan Monroe, at the airport and they suggested we go to Cabo Surf restaurant for lunch.  Cabo Surf is located on this tiny little surfing beach where they teach surfing.  We sat and ate lunch and watched the surfers.  While we were eating, a pair of twins, about 15 to 17yrs old, were taking their first surf lesson.  They started by practicing paddling and getting up while their boards were still on the beach.  After about twenty minutes of this, they made their way out to the cove.   They paddled out to where the waves broke and made their first attempts at getting up on a surfboard.  I watched intently to try and pick up whatever bits I could of their lesson.   I was really impressed as these kids started to stand after their fourth or fifth try; why couldn't I do when I had tried? But then it hit me.  These kids were surfing on waves about 2 and half feet tall going at 5 miles an hour.  I was riding waves about 13ft which were racing towards the shore.  It turns out the 12th was an amazing day to go surfing, IF YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING!  I was out there by myself for my first time! I could have killed somebody!  It was fun though.  Glad nobody died, but I think next time I'm going for the 3ft waves.
Cabo San Lucas