triathlon in st.kilda

Melbourne Travel Blog

a random woman triathlete!

so after 3 and a half hours sleep i get up at 7am to see the triathlon!

i get a good spot for the womens- just as they get out of the sea! after they've gone past we head to the transition point where they get their bikes then again to get their trainers! its a great atmosphere, everybody cheering! i even get a hi-5 from the scottish athlete as she runs past!

after phoning my dad (as its still his birthday!) and speak to everyone at the restaurant my roomie and me grab a macdonalds (hey, i have a hangover!) and head for a good spot (for the cameras, of course!) for the mens triathlon.

unfortunately we stood with all the golf clappers so we kinda stood out shouting our heads off! "COME ON JERSEY!", "COME ON GUERNSEY!"! well we couldnt tell the difference between england and canada until they were running! obviously on their bikes they wizzed past so fast all we could see was a blur! and we couldnt see them coming so i nearly knocked them off a few times as i was shamelessly waving my flag towards the camera! did you see me?!!

of course we had to have a celebratory drink (england came fourth!) and unfortunately due to the hot weather and and already high amount of alcohol still lurking in my system from last night it didnt take much for me to feel a little...hmmm... merry should i say!

a random woman triathlete!
karak- the official mascot!
karak- the official mascot!
the mens triathlon medal ceremony.
the mens triathlon medal ceremony.
bronze medalist peter robertson