sydney- where do i go?

Sydney Travel Blog

opera house (as if you didnt know!)

so after a shower and another good chin wag over brekkie i decided to head into the city. as i was staying in suburbia i had to get a bus from cherrybrook to penant hills (about 10 mins) then a train into sydney central (about 40 mins). was strange heading somewhere where i had no idea where i was going, or what i was going to do! i didnt even take my bible (lonely planet guidebook!) with me!

so, on the double decker train the air con was fweezing and silly ol' me thought "hey, im in oz, who needs a cardi?". well, i did!!

luckily my cousin dean (ok, he's my cousins step son, but lets not split hairs!) whos staying near bondi beach had the day off and was going to meet me. phew!!

dean had bought his mate dean with him (you keeping up with all the deans?), and he was our tour guide for the day! first of all we headed to darling harbour which was pretty, but apparantly can be quite pricey. oh, and remember i needed a cardi? well it felt like it was blowing a force 10 gale and i REALLY needed my cardi now! it was cold- im sure the weather is following me!

we went on three ships that were moored at darling harbour next to the maritime museum. the first was a mahoosive war ship, then a submarine, then on endeavor (captain cooks ship that he found oz on). its amazing how little space they had to live and sleep, especially the sub. quite claustrophobic. the endeavor was the best as they had more guides as you walked around telling you how things would have been on the ship. there was an old irish guy who knew absolutely everything about everything on the ship! his knowledge was unbelievable- i could have listened to him all day.

we had a quick look around the museum but not very exciting! although there was a real helicopter hanging from the ceiling and a boat made out of beer cans! apparantly in darwin they wanted to get more tourists there so they decided to do a beer can regatta! it also helped clear up all the beer cans!!

i then went for my first aussie beer (in a schooner- bit smalller than a pint) and a bite to eat before heading back on the train. a good first day in oz!

Kezrah says:
All you need now is your brother to turn up!
Posted on: Jan 30, 2006