sydney- ive arrived!

Sydney Travel Blog

well, i finally made it, just! i got made to wait at check-in so they could check my visa, and then i spent too much time writing postcards and not enough time to go through the x-ray and departures! you've never seen me run so fast in my life! so, i got on the plane with about 5 mins to spare! sat next to an irish guy whos travelling too so that was good.

as we flew into sydney we could see all the bright lights of the city- how exciting! after getting stopped again so they could check my visa my surrogate ozzie parents (chris and mike) were waiting for me!!!

they didnt just drive straight home, oh no, i got a mini night sight-seeing tour on the way!! we stopped by the opera house and had a brill view of harbour bridge, then we actually drove over the bridge- wowee!!

we took my stuff straight upstairs and what was on the wall?? no, not one of THOSE, but a cockroach!!! after a nice cup of tea and a good chin wag i decided to hit the sack. didnt get much sleep though as the noises coming from outside where, lets say, interesting! plus, i kept the lamp on just to have a check round the room every now and then... if you know what i mean!!

David says:
I hear they have some really cute spiders in Australia =P
Posted on: Jan 27, 2006