im poorly!

Melbourne Travel Blog

so after dragging myself out of bed to get ready for work (oh, with a neck that feels like its the size of the elephant mans!) i decide i can only manage till lunch. when i ring the agency they tell me they'll cover me for the whole day so basically dont bother going in!!!!

go back to bed for a while, but its not long before our landlord is banging on our door asking us if we are ready to move! so much for a day of resting! we are moving rooms today to a bigger, better and cooler room. our new one has a shower and toilet (no more sharing with smelly boys!) and a kitchen bit, as well as some fancy french doors onto the courtyard area. shame its bloody winter now and barbies are all but finished! oh, and we have sofa- talk about luxury apartment!

me and my roomie, flo, lug 3 peoples bags, well, feels like 10 peoples bags as tallia (who happens to be at work!) has about 3 suitcases worth, as well as the mattresses, across the courtyard to our new abode. so that should be it right? wrong! the ice around the freezer compartment is nearly the size of a small dog so who sits with a hairdryer for nearly 2 hours? yep, poorly me! but, my, the feeling you get when 2 mahoosive lumps fall off each side is exhilerating! (hey, i'd been sitting there for TWO hours!).

so after having a day off poorly i probably ended up working twice as hard!!!

photo by: jendara