last leg!

Beachport Travel Blog

ok, to start with im actually in kingston s.e. but the 'town' must be so small that the computer is oblivious to it! but we did pass through beachport not far from here!

so our final day travelling in lola- aahh! but before we get sentimental there are a few, um, essential jobs to do! 3 days in a van with a shower and toilet- yes, you know whats coming! emptying the waste water (from shower and sink!) was ok, a bit smelly, filling up water tank...ok. emptying the waste? well, as you can imagine, pretty much the worst job in the world! first we had to walk past all the old fogies in their caravans with a 'container' (which was bad enough), then somehow manoevre.........hey, lets not go there! lets just say there was a lot of gagging, laughing and standing on tip toes!!!!! along with many other odd things that have happened so far on my travels, ive put it down as 'a new experience, something to write in the diary'!!!!

another long straight and boring road until we get to strathalbyn. now, i had decided to detour through this town as my brother has friends that have moved here so thought i would say "hello! you dont know me but hello anyway!" (and maybe grab a free cup of tea!). unfortunately they must have gone out (did you tell them i was coming dean?!) so carry on driving. we go through the fleurieu (floo-ri-oh, according to my bible!) peninsula and through a wine region called langhorne creek. it was really picturesque (no, i didnt stop for a glash of wine!).

get into adelaide about 1.30pm, after driving down THE biggest hill! it had buffer strips ((basically mini ramps in case your brakes give up!) but there was no way it would have stopped you in time before crashing your car into the hill in which it was aiming!

after dropping lola and fifi off (yes, there were tears!) sarah and i went to eat, shower,  and chill out basically!

feel my duty to at least go for ONE drink, it is a saturday night! so sarah, me and abbie (our roomie) walk up the road to some pretentious bar, to which we promptly drank our drinks and found a grungy looking place! aah, backpackers! actually, it was a locals pub!

Beachport