hoorah- i made it!

Perth Travel Blog

after managing a few more hours of sleep here and there they started playing music at 6.45am!!!! i'll be waking up then! only a few hours to go at which this point i decide to start my book! forget the last 36 hours i could have read it, no, now was the time!

so i arrive in perth just after 9am and feeling fresh as a daisy! well ok then more like a daisy thats been picked and been sitting in water for a week! i get to my hostel and of course the first thing i want to do is have a shower. as its early my 9 (yes, NINE!) new roomies are still resting their weary eyes so i have to tiptoe around the room in near darkness trying to make my bed (top bunk!) and somehow find clothes, shower stuff, etc!

after my shower i realise the feet smell in my room is not actually me, its just the room- great! i go for a wander around and then head to the job shop where i promptly land myself a job! not bad after being in perth for 3 hours eh?! its in a country pub (yep, the middle of nowhere!) for 6 weeks and its run by a british couple! i start in a week and am quite excited. hopefully it will be a good experience meeting local people and saving money for my onward journey.

do some navigating and food buying and generally chill out.  head to bed pretty early as you can imagine!

oh, and weather has been bloody marvellous! hoorah- good weather at last! and it looks set on staying for a couple of days at least!

photo by: cimtech