my first operation!

Perth Travel Blog

after miraculously managing to get some sleep the nurse comes in at 8 to get me ready for my op at 11. it was very weird having someone wash you in the shower but was in too much pain (or too much morphine, one of them!) to be too bothered! i even got some HUGE paper knickers to wear- yummy! i had no clothes or anything with me so i guess its better than nothing!

i was quite scared about being put to sleep and waking up during the op but the anaesthitist said they would be numbing me arm to, just in case! its such a weird feeling- one minute you are awake, the next its 3 hours later and you're waking up from an op! its so weird not remembering anything! i'd love to see the op on film though!

i was in mega agony when i woke up (being wheeled into recovery room!) which they soon took care of! holly came to see me and apparently i asked if the horse was ok! spend the rest of the day pretty spaced out and being checked up on loads.  i had my own pain control too, so i could push it whenever i wanted!

sylviandavid says:
Sounds like you did the best you could.... considering the subject you were upbeat..good for you.
Posted on: Oct 02, 2009