feeding dolphins!

Monkey Mia Travel Blog

look how close they are!

so we get to monkey mia at 8am and there is already quite a crowd along the shore. every morning about this time, dolphins come into shore to get fed! i was really excited, id seen photos of fiona, a friend from melbourne, feeding the dolphins and it looked amazing. the water was crystal clear.

after about half hour a dolphin came in! my shoes and socks were straight off and in a waded! despite the water being pretty cold it was definitely worth it. it was unbelievable, the dolphin swam right by everyone. they are such cool creatures, they look like they are always smiling. after 15 mins or so, 3 more dolphins came in. i was hoping to get picked to feed one but unluckily i wasnt! it was still awesome though. once they had been fed they were soon off!

after a coffee we all went on a camel ride! although it was a little scary (too horse like for me!) it was good fun all the same.

troy took the kids to the park then jess and i noticed people gathering at the shore again. so we went over and the dolphins were back! they come in about 3 times, but they cant say what times as the dolphins are wild and come when they please! this time there were six dolphins, and guess who got to feed one? yes, little me!!!!! it was so exciting! ill never forget that. they are so gentle, it took the fish so gently.

we all then went on a catamaran for a couple of hours. it was really relaxing- sunning myself and drinking champers!!we spotted some dolphins, one of which was piccolo, the dolphin i had fed! we also saw some sea turtles. well, apparently we did, i just saw some white blobs in the water!

scary!