back to the hospital

Northam Travel Blog

the break

hooray, at last its my check up! its only been 2 weeks but feels like forever! as i only had a hard cast down the back of my arm and wrapped in bandage, where the swelling had gone down the cast had got too big and had become uncomfortable and generally a pain in the, well, arm! so im hoping they'll recast it.

i get a lift down in the hearse! yes, a hearse! with a 'customer' and all! tina and her dad had a funeral to do in perth so it made sense to go with them!

i have some spare time in the morning as my appointment isnt till the afternoon, so after scoffing a good ol' english scone with jam and cream i headed to the perth mint. i was only there an hour but it was really interesting. i got to see a gold pour, which was awesome! liquid gold then seconds later a solid bar of gold- amazing!

at the hospital i was expecting them to change my plaster (for a nice hard one so everyone could sign it!) but they took it off altogether! it felt very weird, i darent move my arm! i was really apprehensive about moving it around.

frankenstein scar!
i couldnt see the scar (or the massive bruise the nurse told me about!) but apparently its a beaut! i did get to see an xray of where they had pinned my arm- pretty weird! apparently i had just one break but it was a 'y' shaped break, hence why they had to pin it. so i have one big plate and a smaller one the other side, along with some dangerous looking pins! the nurse also took my staples out (yes, staples, not stitches, staples!) which stung lots. so i can just imagine what my arm looks like! oh, and the surgeon said im still not allowed to work (in pub), not even light duties! i mean, how hard is it to pull a pint with one and a half hands?!

im on tiptoes all the way home hoping that nobody bumps into me!

my bionic arm