athletics at the mcg

Melbourne Travel Blog

me and my mate kelly!

hoorah- its finally here!

so roz and i were walking to the mcg (melbourne cricket ground) and who do we bump into? my ol' mate kelly holmes (see photographic evidence)! how cool! that just got me even more excited about seeing the athletics! she was really friendly and was very obliging about having her photo taken. although she was mobbed after we left- oops! she was on her in to watch the athletics.

although we were on the top tier we had a wicked view. we were by the medal ceremony bit and the home straight.

we saw england win 3 gold medals and some other medals too so we got to sing 'land of hope and glory'! i should have learnt the words really!

it felt weird being one of a few as the majority of supporters around us were aussie. ive only ever stood with people who are cheering for the same side, but dont worry, i more than made up for that! "COME ON ENGERLAND!"

oh, and prince eddie presented one of the medals! and sharron davies walked past us while we were walking along the river (well, i only saw the back of her, but it still counts!). what a star studded night!

the g
the 'g'
roz and me ready for some english …
roz and me ready for some english…
Melbourne